Thursday, October 25, 2012

Eega: Full Package of Entertainment (Review Part 2)


"We know the stories of Ramayana and Mahabharatha, yet we go to watch whenever a movie based on these Epics is made. How much interestingly you narrate your film is what matters"
~S. S. Rajamouli

I never realized that I have started loving Telugu movies so much now. I should start learning a little Telugu, I hope some day I would be able to speak some Telugu dialogues or Sing Some Telugu Songs. There are many movies which have given me reason to love Telugu movies, would write about them all.

However the time is for Eega. Everything else can take backseat and you must watch this movie. Even though I was watching it on a DVD player, I didn't even pause the movie and went to my Kitchen to bring back my awesome cooked chicken, which I love to the core of my heart. 2 years back when I watched Rajanikanth's Robot, I was in awe, I was amazed that such feat could be touched in Indian Cinema. And Eega tops it. If Robot started it, Eega takes it to next level. The cool Fly protagonist of the movie, is better than any hollywood flick based on such idea. 

I don't want to compare with other movies here, because Eega is a different genre. It doesn't belong to Romance, Horror, Comedy, or Science Fiction. It belongs to Entertainment. And you don't have to leave your brains aside and watch this movie. This movie works fine with brain as well. The thin line between creativeness and absurdity which I talked about in the first part of this review, remains intact even after the movie has been completed. After watching movie, I just want to share my experience with you, before I pounce on the delicious chicken waiting for me.

Small yet important, Nani's role has been played by Nani in the first 1 hour of the movie and he steals the magic when he says "I will Kill you" to Sudeep. Your heart will cry at his fate though, but he played his role very well. His role is simple and charming.
To my surprise, Samantha Ruth Prabhu plays a vital role in the movie, I was expecting that her role would end soon, but the makers have really made her role important, and believable. She has not been used just like a chick in the movie, the part has been portrayed well.
Sudeep on the other hand, is an antagonist who also had very little to do when you think that the movie is about a fly's revenge, but you will be surprised to see Sudeep's performance in the movie as he takes on the fly on par. Sometimes he would just miss a win, other times he would lose. Whatever I say about the third character of the movie, the fly itself, is less and won't be satisfactory, the makers have made it close to unattainable. 

The story is not one sided, and the flip flops make it very interesting. You will forget that this is a bedtime story being told by a father to his daughter.

My favorite scene of the movie: Whole movie didn't have a single scene which could be missed, the movie has been woven in such manner. However, I would personally thank creators for putting Chinta ta ta! Do watch for it.

I have made a personal commitment, to watch all of Rajamouli's movies. I will share my experience of each movie here.

Till then.. Chinta TaTa!

No comments:

Post a Comment