Saturday, July 14, 2012

PROHEMIUM

There will be movies which you thought why you watched at all. There will be movies which you would have "thought" are Unwatchables But they are not. They require a little thinking. The director has left the thinking job to you. The Movie may be so sick that you wont dare to touch it again. This amuses me, to the extent that I put myself to the risk of great torture sometimes and watch The Unwatchables!

I am a huge movie thinker. Yes you read it correct, I am a movie thinker, when I watch movie, I don't watch just for entertainment or not just to know something or not just to spend time with friends. I watch it with all the thinking involved. Call me crazy, maniac, but that's what I am. I like to dissect a movie into a simple vision. Some people don't understand the story sometimes, may be it is difficult for them to understand the perception of the director or cinematographer, and that's why some of the biggest directors went misunderstood and their movies flopped. But I don't agree to the theory "If I don't understand something I should simply disagree with it", we can just admire it, if not discuss it or if not  rejoice it at least not dispose it in garbage.

Yes, I agree, there will be many meaningless things in life, and there will be many things which should be left misunderstood. But that's where my madness start, when i watch a movie, i watch it for full cause, full perspective, with whole heart, and with my brain. There are glitches in movies, which I may tend to ignore to get the larger context.

I always wanted to write my kind of "reviews" of the movies, as that is one area of interest I have developed in recent years. Many people who will read this will say my views as absurd. Or they will say "Why on earth you are dissecting this movie?" But that's the way it is. I have to write and I will write. You can always switch the channel!

I have seen people who have watched Matrix and Lord of the rings many times and they claim that they have fully understood them and they are like the greatest movies ever made. But the same people can't understand  "Number 23", "The eternal Sunshine of spotless mind", "Truman show", "The green mile", "Forrest Gump", "Dhobi Ghat", "The Dark Knight", "Memento", "Schindler's List" and many more classics. This blog is dedicated to such innocent people who cannot understand the language of the Camera.

So.. it begins..!

1 comment: